10D Langtang Valley Trek
Langtang is a beautiful valley which has alpine forests and is surrounded by some beautiful high peaks and glaciers. The valley lays close to the Tibetan boarder so the culture and looks of the village reflects similar to Tibet.
The Langtang area is close to Kathmandu, so the Tibetan culture and close up glacier and peaks experience are all accessible from the capital relatively quickly by the road rather than plane.
We will trek to the remote Langtang valley, a National park and home to the snow leopard, the Himalayan Thar, the red panda and musk deer. The Valley is dominated by the 7246m Langtang Lirung to the north, Gang Chhenpo 6388m to the south and Dorje Lhakpa 6975m to the east. As the trek nears the end at the Dhunche, we pass through the rice fields, rhododendron and pine forests, which have numerous species of birds.
Day 01: Kathmandu
Upon arrival in Kathmandu Airport, meet with our representatives and drop to hotel. After check in free time on leisure and briefing on trekking program.
Day 02: Kathmandu - Syabru Besi (1450m) 7 hrs drive (B/L/D)
Wake up early morning and departure for 7 hours’ drive to your starting point at the foot of Langtang Valley. The road takes a scenic route, climbing high over the ridges to escape the Kathmandu Valley and provided you with an amazing panorama of the Himalaya, including the Annapurna range, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and the peak of the Langtang region that you will soon get familiar with. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 03: Syabru Besi - Lama Hotel (2480m) 5 – 6 hrs (B/L/D)
We will start our trek from Syabru Gaon to Lama Hotel (2480m), which takes approx. five hours. The trail descends along the ridge on Syabru’s main street and then drops to Ghopche Khola (2050m), and again descends to the landslide (1810m). From then onwards, your trek will ascend gently to Rimche (2400m) through bamboos (1960m) and at the end you will travel through level path to the Lama Hotel. En route, you may get lucky to spot the red pandas, and monkey in their natural habitat. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 04: Lama Hotel - Langtang (3540m) 5 – 6 hrs (B/L/D)
Today, trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3540m) via Ghore Tabela, which takes approx. 6 hours. At Ghore Tabela (3000m), the trail emerges from the forest. While hiking here, you can catch a glimpse of white monkeys and local birds.
The trail continues to climb gently and the valley widens, passing a few temporary settlements used by herders who bring their livestock to graze in the high pastures during summer months. A quiet monastery is present around here which can be visited shortly before arriving at the village of Langtang, the headquarters of the Langtang national Park. Stay overnight at a lodge.
Day 05: Langtang - Kyangjing Gompa (3900m) 2 - 3 hrs (B/L/D)
Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin (3900m), which will take approx. 3 hours. The trail climbs gradually through small villages and yak pastures as the valley opens out further and the views become more wide ranging. After crossing several small streams and moraines, the trail reaches the settlement at Kyangjin. We should arrive at Kyangjin by lunch time allowing some time to acclimatize and explore the area. It is a fantastic setting, with snow covered peaks surrounding us in all directions. At this point, you can enjoy the panoramic view of Dorje Lakpa (6990m), Langtang Ri (6370m), and Langtang Lirung (7245m).
Day 06: Kyangjing Gompa - Lama Hotel (2480m) 5 – 6 hrs (B/L/D)
Today we will slowly descend downhill through the beautiful landscape and greenery and reach Lama hotel. Take a good rest in the evening and enjoy the beautiful view. Overnight at
Day 07: Lama Hotel - Sybru Besi(1450m) 4 – 5 hrs (B/L/D)
We will descend down toward Lama Hotel. After reaching Lama Hotel, free time to enjoy the scenery and
Free time to relax. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 08: Sybru Besi – Kathmandu (B/L)
Today we will drive from Syabru Besi to Kathmandu, which takes around 7 hours. You will drive through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Kathmandu. After reaching Kathmandu, drop to your hotel and free in the evening to relax.
Day 09: Kathmandu (B/D)
After breakfast drive to Kathmandu durbar square, (UNESCO World heritage site). Kathmandu Durbar Square is the historic place that was also a politically important site until recently. The Kings of Nepal were crowned and their coronation ceremony was solemnized in this durbar square. The Durbar Square, with its old temples and palaces, epitomizes the religious and cultural life of the people.
Other famous landmarks around the area are the Temple of Living Goddess Kumari, the wooden temple of Kasthamandap, Ashok Vinayak. There are also museums inside the Durbar Square Palace.
Our next destination is Patan Durbar square. (UNESCO World heritage site). Patan Durbar Square complex is perhaps the most photographed of the three durbar squares. Located in the heart of Patan city, this was once the palace of the kings of Patan. The square is a display of Newari architecture that had reached its pinnacle during the reign of Malla kings who were great builders and patrons of the arts.
At the last we will be visiting Swoyambhunath Stupa (UNESCO World heritage site), which is believed to have been established more than 2,500 years ago. Swoyambhunath. It has developed into an important center of Buddhism.
In the evening, proceed for farewell dinner at an authentic Nepalese restaurant with cultural show.
Day 10: Departure (B)
After breakfast in the hotel, free time until departure to Airport with beautiful trekking memories.
Trip Name: 10 Days Langtang Valley Trek
Highest Point: 3900 M
Best Season: Sep to Dec, Jan to Jun
Tour Starts: Kathmandu
Tour Ends: Kathmandu
Places Covered: Kathmandu, Syabru Besi, Lama Hotel, Langtang, Kyanginj Gompa
Activity: Nature, landscape, trekking, Culture & Sightseeing
Transportation: Private car/van/coach
Trek Grade: Moderate
Trek Staff: Guide (Trek Leader), Sherpa, Porters
Accommodation: Tea House/ Lodge in Trek
- Guided sightseeing of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Swaymbhunath
- Stupa in Kathmandu
- National Park, beautiful Himalayan ranges of Langtang, Langtang Lirung, Chobha Bhamre and many other mountain peaks with unique culture and living of the locals.
- 03 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- 06 nights’ accommodation in Trek in a Tea House or Lodge on twin sharing
- All meals while on trek (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airport – Hotel – Airport Transfers (Arrival & Departure)
- Kathmandu – Dhunche – Kathmandu transfers
- Full day guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
- Entrance fees to all sightseeing places and monuments
- English speaking Trek leader/Guide
- Porters to carry your bags (1 porter for 2 guests)
- Sleeping bags
- Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance and equipment’s for all staffs
- Langtang National Park permit fee
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) Fee
- Farewell dinner (Authentic Nepalese cuisine with cultural show)
- English speaking guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu
- All ground transfers on private air con car/van/coach
- All government, hotel and other applicable taxes.
- International Airfare and taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal Entry visa (Visa is obtained in Nepal Airport immigration on arrival. USD 25 per visa for 15 days, USD 40 per visa for 30 days and USD 100 per visa for 90 days. All the visas are multiple entry visas. Please carry 02 passport sized photograph for the visa.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- All items of personal nature like telephone bills, laundry, drinks etc.
- Tipping to guide and driver
- Any other item that is not mentioned in the price inclusion list.